- Activity Guide
- Sign up for our
About South Whidbey Parks & Recreation District
The South Whidbey Parks and Recreation District was formed in
1983. Bud and Margaret Waterman donated 40 acres to the District
on a site next to South Whidbey High School that is now known
as Community Park. In 1987, a levy was passed to begin developing
and maintaining the District land. In 1999, the District purchased
approximately 40 acres of land adjacent to the Park, which has
been kept natural with trails running throughout the acreage.
With bond proceeds in 2000, the District purchased 29.09 acres
of land east of the Park which has since been converted into a
sports complex with soccer fields, open space and a forested area.
Since its inception, the District has built four baseball fields,
additional soccer fields, an administrative building, playground,
skate park, restrooms and trails which wind through Community
Park. The District now also maintains Deer Lake, Goss Lake and Lone Lake. For more information regarding the history of Community Park, click here.
For a list of South Whidbey Parks and Recreation District facilities, click here.
- Park Hours are 7:00 a.m. to dusk. It is Unlawful for Any Person
to Enter or Remain on the Premises Outside the Hours Posted.
- All pets must be on leash. Please clean up after pets including
- Alcoholic Beverages and Controlled Substances are prohibited
on all SWPRD premises.
- Motorized Vehicles allowed only on designated roads or designated
- No smoking within 300 feet of ball fields or the playgrounds.
Our Satisfaction Guarantee Policy is:
- Full refunds will be given for classes cancelled by South Whidbey
Parks & Recreation District.
- If you need to cancel your registration before the second class,
we will refund your full registration, minus a 10% processing
fee, or issue a credit good for one (1) calendar year, for the
full registration fee.
- If after your first class you are not completely satisfied with
your experience, we will refund your full registration, minus
a 10% processing fee, or issue a credit good for one (1) calendar
year, for the full registration fee.
- After the second class, a refund or credit will not be issued.
- To request a refund, a Refund Request Form must be submitted
to the SWPRD office. Click here for a Refund
Form. Please be aware that refund requests may take up to 45 days
- Refunds will not be issued from a credit.
- Refunds will not be issued for programs costing $5.00 or less
(unless cancelled by SWPRD).
- One day classes, trips, camps or special events are not covered
under this policy (no refunds or credits available).
- Skyhawks & Challenger British Soccer have their own refund
SWPRD is pleased to offer scholarships for youth and teen programs.
Scholarship eligibility is based on income level and number of
individuals in the household. Each application is evaluated individually
and there is no guarantee that a scholarship will be awarded.
If approved, applicants will receive 50-100% up to $50.00 towards
the program fee for a SWPRD program. There is a limit of one (1)
scholarship per individual per quarter (3 month period). Scholarships
are limited to individuals only. Groups and organizations are
not eligible to apply. For more information, please call 360-221-5484.
here for a Scholarship Application
Interested in Making a Scholarship Fund Contribution?
Contributions are currently being accepted for SWPRD's Recreation
Scholarship Program. To inquire about making a contribution, please
Drawing with Zentangle
Saturday, April 27th
Clam Digging 101
Saturday, May 17th