Parks & Trails/
- Activity Guide
- Sign up for our
Picnic shelters are available at both Community Park and the Sports Complex. Each picnic shelter can accommodate 55-75 people, depending on
how seating is arranged. Click here to view the rules for using the picnic shelters and fields. Click here to view our calendar for availability of the picnic shelters and fields. Click here to view the Fee Schedule for reserving our facilities. Picnic shelters may be reserved by submitting a Facility Reservation Form by fax at 360-221-7323, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at our office located at: 5475 Maxwelton Road in Langley.
The Crow’s Nest
The Crow’s Nest is the upstairs area that formerly housed the District’s offices at Community Park. Call 360-221-5484 for availability and information or click here to view a Reservation Form and Rules. The Crow’s Nest has a small sink, limited tables & chairs. There is a small BBQ grill downstairs, and it is located near the “Castle Park” playground. The Crow’s Nest is only available during regular park hours. Minimum rental is 2 hours.
For your athletic needs, SWPRD has softball, baseball and grass
soccer fields available. While use is free of charge, we do require
advance reservation. Scheduling information for leagues, tournaments
and individual teams is available by calling 360-221-5484.
To view an Athletic Facilities Reservation Form and Rules, click
Community Park/Sports Complex Picnic Shelter Use Rules
- Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis.
- Although there is not a limit on the amount of time a group
can reserve a shelter, all necessary time for set-up and clean-up
should be including on the reservation form.
- Use must be contained within the designated shelter area. Please
note that the shelter can comfortably accommodate 55-75 people,
depending on how seating is arranged. Generally, nine (9) tables
are provided in the shelter, with 2 additional tables on the grounds
beside the structure.
- Games must not interfere with other park users (i.e. no softball,
volleyball or other sports that need more space than is available).
If additional spaces are needed for your group's use, a Field
Reservation Form must accompany this form.
- Electricity is not available at the shelter site.
- There is a possibility that water will not be available at the shelter
site. There is water in the restroom sinks.
- Alcoholic Beverages are Prohibited anywhere on SWPRD premises.
- Decorations: use of rice, birdseed, confetti or candles is
- Water balloons or squirt gun fights are NOT allowed in the restrooms,
the shelter, or the surrounding areas of the park
- Signs shall not be attached to the shelter, trees, railing,
etc with staples, nails, etc.
- All picnic users must clean and clear out the picnic shelter
site a minimum of 30 minutes before the posted park closure time.
- You must vacate reserved park sites upon request by Park staff.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the outdoor
site is left in the same condition as it was found prior to use.
Excessive litter and any decorations must be collected and deposited
in trash containers. Picnic tables and benches should be cleaned
- Cooking is only allowed in the provided permanent grills.
- Amplification of music is not allowed.
- It is recommended that you have a copy of your approved reservation
form on-hand during your scheduled use in the event of any scheduling
- Your reservation is not confirmed until it is approved by a
SWPRD staff member.
Dwarf Conifers & Drip Irrigation